Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 1: La Bamba


Today is the first of my 100 day challenge. Whoop whoop! To jumpstart my metabolism and get my body in the best starting condition it can be in, I'm participating in what's called the La Bamba cleanse. It's a 3-day cleanse done with Herbalife products* that helps you lose 5-7lbs and reduce your body fat percentage. Before anyone freaks out, it is not a starvation diet.

Day 1 requirements:
-2 gallons of water
-8 servings of Herbalife Beverage Mix (Wild Berry or Peach Mango--your choice)
-2 teaspoons Herbal Tea Concentrate (any flavor)
-2 fl oz Herbal Aloe Concentrate (Mango tastes better than Original)

Mix all ingredients together an drink throughout the day, and don't eat or drink anything extra except Herbalife supplements, if you take them. 

Keep in mind that each serving of Beverage Mix has 15g of protein in it, and 8 servings comes to 120g of protein during day 1. Your body is not starving. This liquid is actually working to clean out your kidneys and rid them of any partially broken down protein particles and glucagon that might be stored.

I mixed the drink in a 2 quart pitcher, so I had to make 4 batches throughout the day, so I divided everything by 4. You might want to mix the ingredients in two 1 gallon jugs for easier transportation. Thankfully, it's -6 in Minnesota, so my car can double as a refrigerator if I need it too! I can definitely tell you to expect to use the restroom A LOT. 2 gallons of liquid is double what I normally consume, and they're not kidding about cleaning out your kidneys. 

A word of caution: don't work out during day 1. I made that mistake today. Crossfit was a huge struggle. I feel fine now that I've had a 2 hour nap and some time to write this post, but my workout was definitely tougher to get through than it normally is. I would recommend starting La Bamba on a day that you can relax and spend the day watching Netflix or something. 

Starting stats: 23.5% body fat, 94lb lean muscle mass

*If you are interested in trying this cleanse, shoot me an email for more information on how to get Herbalife products shipped right to your front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment